Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Instant Potato Pickle/Aloo Ka Achar/Quick Potato Pickle

Pickle, i can finish happily my lunch or dinner with pickle. Yes i can survive for many day with pickle without any fuss. Pickles or preserves plays an important role in Indian meal. Obviously we Indians make loads of pickles with varieties of vegetables and fruits, yes we do pickle even with fruits like tomato or with orange peel. Served simply with curd rice, am an ardent fan of pickles. My posts for this week's blogging marathon are going to be variety of pickles, yes my theme for this week's blogging marathon is Pickles and Preserves. My first post for this week's theme is an Ultimate easy breezy, quick, Instant potato pickle. Aloo ka achar aka quick potato pickle is definitely one of quickest pickle i have tried till today.

Aloo ka achar, Potato pickle

Trust me,i went crazy when i had a spoon of this potato pickle with rasam, my god this pickle simply rocks. If you a crazy lover of both pickles and potatoes, this instant potato pickle will definitely tickle your taste buds.Dont forget to make a huge batch of this lip smacking Aloo ka achar else you will definitely regret later. This instant version is definitely an easy breezy one. You can serve this fantastic potato pickle with your favourite foods to relish them happily, however we enjoyed even with rotis for our dinner. If you want to give a try to an instant version of pickle, dont forget to give a try this irresistible Aloo ka achar.

Quick Potato Pickle, Aloo Ka Achar

2cups Cooked and cubed Potatoes
1tbsp Red chilly powder
3tsp Sesame oil
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
2tsp Dry Mango powder/Amchur powder
2tsp Salt

Dry roast:
1/2tsp Fenugreek seeds
1/4tsp Asafoetida powder
1tsp Mustard seeds

Dry roast the ingredients given under the list 'dry roast' and powder them as fine powder, keep aside.

Heat the oil, in a pan, let splutters the mustard seeds, add the grounded powder, red chilly powder, fry for few seconds.

Instant potato pickle, Quick Potato pickle

Add immediately the cubed potatoes,salt, dry mango powder and toss everything gently until the potato pieces gets well coated by the spices.

This pickle tastes best after an hour.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#62

13 comments:

~~louise~~ said... Reply To This Comment

Now this sounds like my kind of potato dish, Priya. I just happen to have all the ingredients even the Mango Powder! I don't think I will double it though when I make it. I'm afraid I'll devour the whole thing!

Thank you so much for sharing, Priya...

vaishali sabnani said... Reply To This Comment

The pickle sounds simple but delicious.

Srivalli said... Reply To This Comment

Awesome priya never thought of a pickle with aloo..too good..

MySpicyKitchen said... Reply To This Comment

We too make this pickle with a slightly different recipe. I too can survive on pickles!! Potato pickle looks wonderful.

Harini R said... Reply To This Comment

OMG! This sounds fantastic. We can never get bored with the pickle varieties, can we ?

Jayashree said... Reply To This Comment

I had no idea potatoes could be pickled. What a delicious idea.

Gayathri Kumar said... Reply To This Comment

Wow, Priya. This pickle sounds so delicious..

sushma said... Reply To This Comment

Wow pickle with potato, sounds interesting.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

Wow priya potato pickle!! LoOKs delicious!!

Sowmya :) said... Reply To This Comment

Potato pickle looks lovely and oh so spicy!

cookingwithsapana said... Reply To This Comment

Potato pickle looks mouth watering dear.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said... Reply To This Comment

Pickle with potato! I would have never thought of that. This is my kind of recipe :)

Pavani said... Reply To This Comment

What a spicy and delicious looking potato pickle. Potato pickle is totally new to me.